Profile[edit | edit source]
Yukimura was one of the most distinguished warriors in the Sengoku Era who opposed Ieyasu Tokugawa to the end. He wields two jūmonji-yari, he is very hot-blooded and fanatically loyal to Shingen Takeda. He is often depicted in a rivalry with Masamune Date, and is a common "punching bag" for Shingen's unnecessary brawls, though he always looks at it as a test of strength. His element is fire.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
(As of Samurai Heroes)
- Scarlet Spears - Yukimura's basic weapon.
- Sunset - A normal pair of spears with weak attack power and defense.
- Bloodtooth - A better pair of spears than Sunset with poor attack power and defense.
- Phoenix Feathers - A pair of spears with medium attack power and weak defense that cause 5% extra fire damage to enemies.
- Salamander - A special pair of spears with low attack power and very high defense. Combos are easier to achieve since they add an extra hit to every "primed" enemy struck with them.
- Crimson Fangs - BASARA gauge fills quicker than normal.
- Rebirth - These have the same properties as Phoenix Feathers, but with much higher attack power and medium defense.
- Sparda - Twin spear-like versions of the legendary sword belonging to Dante in Devil May Cry.
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Ring Of Fire - Lifts enemies up into the air with a cyclone.
- Flint Sprint - Instantly closes off the distance between Yukimura and enemies, attacking them with a horizontal slash.
- Flare Storm - Continuous rapid attacks using both spears. Available for aerial attack. Using this well will connect to an aerial combo. (Unlocked at Level 5)
- Phoenix Fire - From the air, Yukimura slashes down with the spears to attack enemies on the ground. (Unlocked at Level 10)
- Blaze Kick - Uses his spears as a base to spin kick enemies. (Unlocked at Level 20)
- Tiger Cannon - Punches enemies with a fierce fiery fist. (Unlocked at Level 35)
Historical Information[edit | edit source]
This character is loosely based on a famous Japanese samurai named Sanada Yukimura. He was called "a Hero who may appear once in a hundred years" and "crimson demon of war".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yukimura's ailing mentor Shingen's tiger attire is unlockable as his alternate costume in Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes.
- Yukimura is 17 years old, two years younger than his rival Masamune.
- Rekka in Gaist Crusher God battles a dragon-type Gaist version of Yukimura Sanada and, after its defeat, can don its armor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
For more of this character, see their gallery.