Titanic Tim (Titan the Great in Japan) is a character from the Slam Masters series of wrestling games.
Story[edit | edit source]
Titanic Tim is the largest-size newcomer of the CWA. Weighing over 5 kg at birth, by the time he graduated from elementary school he was over 6'3". He started wrestling as a means to fully utilize his body. According to his American bio, he hates small people and is typically mistaken for a disco reject. His unique attack skill is the neck chokehold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of his rivals is Birdie of Street Fighter fame.
- When he and Birdie were a tag team, they went by the name "500 Trillion Powers", a parody of the mid-80s Randy Savage/Hulk Hogan tag team The Mega Powers.
- The tag team name could also possibly be a play off of the "20 Million Powers", a tag team from the wrestling manga series Kinnikuman.
- Titanic Tim seems to have been loosely based on the late Japanese wrestler/promoter Giant Baba. His USA name is a wordplay on Tiny Tim. It is also a reference to the RMS Titanic, the infamous tourist ship that struck an iceberg and sank in 1912.
- It's also possible that he was inspired by '90s FMW wrestler Big Titan (Rick Bognar,) sharing a similar hairstyle, body type, and a double-handed elevated windpipe choke. Rick Bognar was also known as the fake Razor Ramon.
- His stage location is London, England, and his nickname is "The Strongest Last Giant".