Tekken X Street Fighter is an upcoming crossover fighting game in current development and publisher by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game is one of a pair of games, with the other being Street Fighter X Tekken, which was developed by Capcom and was released in 2012 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Both games are part of Namco's Cross series of crossover games.
The game will feature characters from both franchises, with Street Fighter characters receiving a Tekken visual makeover while keeping their fighting style and special moves fully intact". Unlike the Capcom version, no gameplay has been shown yet.
The gameplay of Tekken X Street Fighter will feature the same 3D fighting game engine of the Tekken franchise, as opposed to Street Fighter X Tekken, which featured the 2D.5 graphics and gameplay of the Street Fighter IV games.
|Evil Ryu (unconfirmed, silhouette resembling him seen behind Ryu)|
|Devil Jin (unconfirmed, silhouette resembling him seen behind Jin)|
Tekken X Street Fighter was announced on July 24, 2010 at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con along with the Capcom-produced Street Fighter X Tekken. Ryu and Jin Kazama appear on the game's promotional poster (shadowed by their alter-egos "Evil Ryu" and "Devil Jin" respectively). It was still in its early stages of development and no images or videos were released at the 2010 Comic-Con. Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada did reveal some concepts at Gamescom 2010 such as a prototype model of Ryu, with the gi of Tekken's Paul Phoenix. He said the team has yet to finish the model as details and lighting were not completed.
There was a official poll on Facebook posted on March 4, 2012 where people could vote for which Tekken or Street Fighter characters they would like in the game. There were fifty-five Tekken characters and sixty-six Street Fighter characters to choose from, and fans were able to choose five of their favorites from each series. On March 7, 2012, Katsuhiro Harada clarified that the poll will not decide the final roster, but will instead be used in conjunction with various research methods to determine the character lineup.
In April 2012, Harada stated that the game was about 10% complete. At the 2014 San Diego Comic Con International, Harada revealed that the game is still in development; the reason for the scarce information is due to Bandai Namco waiting for the opportunity to market it.
On July 2015, Harada stated that development has come far along. On December 12 the same year, Akuma was revealed as a guest character in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, though no statement was made as to whether this was an indicator of the crossover title's status, his appearance gives a potential idea of how the Street Fighter characters will work in Tekken X Street Fighter's gameplay.
In April 2016, Harada stated that the game was officially on hold due to the release of Street Fighter V and the (at the time) upcoming release of Tekken 7: Fated Retribution; the developers didnt want to split the communities. Additionally, the character roster is finished and was decided a very long time ago. Harada reiterated this during a 2018 year-end party livestream while also revealing that the game was about 30% complete.
In May 2019, Harada states that he still wants to release the game, but his "logical and business" sense has him questioning whether he actually should. In December 2019, Harada posted a poll on his Twitter account, asking the community how much they still were waiting for the crossover game.
This section is currently incomplete.
You can help Capcom Database by expanding it.
- ↑ http://techland.com/2010/07/26/but-wait-theres-more-namco-announces-tekken-x-street-fighter/
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5616629/an-early-look-at-tekken-x-street-fighter
- ↑ http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g8ptob
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/katsuhiro-hirada-talks-tekken-tag-tournament-2-7656968.html
- ↑ http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/7/25/san-diego-comic-con-tekken-7-panel-archive-summary.html
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/12/tekken-x-street-fighter-is-well-into-development-says-harada/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozB1YQuv39I
- ↑ http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/akuma-being-in-tekken-7-is-like-a-preview-for-tekken-x-street-fighter/
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tekken-x-street-fighter-no-longer-in-active-develo/1100-6438976/
- ↑ https://www.destructoid.com/tekken-x-street-fighter-is-somehow-still-alive-switch-port-of-tekken-7-might-be-possible-536342.phtml
- ↑ VGC: Tekken X Street Fighter becoming ‘harder to justify’, says Harada.
- ↑ VGC: Harada asks fans if they still really want Tekken X Street Fighter
External Links Edit
- Tekkenpedia article (archive)