Street Fighter X Mega Man (Street Fighter Cross Mega Man), known in Japan as Street Fighter X Rockman (ストリートファイター X ロックマン Sutorīto Faitā Kurosu Rokkuman ) is a game for the PC that was released on December 17, 2012. It was initially a fan-made title known as Mega Man vs. Street Fighter, which was in development since 2009. Creator Seow Zong Hui approached Capcom USA with a work-in-progress version in 2012, and it was soon decided that the project would be funded, given creative input, and officially distributed online through the company. As a commemorative 25th anniversary game for the Mega Man and Street Fighter series, its release doubles as an ushering of the former series' anniversary and the ending of the latter's. It is available for free on Capcom Unity.
Having fought countless Robot Masters over the years, Mega Man is ready to lay back, relax and enjoy his 25th Anniversary. Getting wind of this, Ryu and his fellow Street Fighters want one last battle before they let their own anniversary finish. Charge up your Mega Buster and stretch out your lightning legs, this is Street Fighter® X Mega Man®!
A true collaboration between Capcom and its fans for Mega Man’s and Street Fighter’s 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter® x Mega Man® was created and developed by Singapore native Seow Zong Hui (aka “Sonic”), with an original soundtrack by Luke Esquivel (aka “A_Rival”), and with support provided Capcom, Street Fighter® X Mega Man® stars the Blue Bomber as he goes toe-to-toe with some of Street Fighter’s most beloved characters complete with their own individual themed stages and boss battles. Jump, shoot, and use your special new Street Fighter abilities to defeat your foes and become the world’s strongest robot!
As in most Mega Man games, the game offers eight levels to choose from. To make the battles easiest, it is best to defeat the easiest level first, then move on to the one whose boss is defeated by that weapon. Which is easiest is mostly opinion. Chun Li, Rolento, and Urien are three suggestions.
- This is the first Mega Man game to ever be programmed entirely outside of Capcom.
- In a portion of Ryu's Stage there is Japanese writing on the wall reading "1987". This was the year that Capcom initially released the original Street Fighter in Japanese arcades.
- Capcom rumored at the possibility of the game being ported to Mac, Linux, and cell phones.
- Each Level is a mix of the Street Fighter character's themes and a Robot Master stage theme. (For Example Dhalsim's stage is a mix of his theme and Snake Man's.)
- Capcom-Unity: Mega Man Official Group page - Page with the game's download link.
- Street Fighter X Mega Man OST by A_Rival
- ↑ Capcom-Unity: Street Fighter X Mega Man now available for FREE
- ↑ Seow Zong Hui's (Sonic88) YouTube video
- ↑ Capcom-Unity: Street Fighter X Mega Man coming December 17
- ↑ Street Fighter X Mega Man possibly coming to iOS, Linux and Mac - no plans for console release