Street Fighter: The Movie is a 1995 arcade fighting game based on the 1994 live-action movie. It uses digitized images of the film's cast posing as the characters in the game.
The arcade version was developed by Chicago-based Incredible Technologies and distributed to the arcades by Capcom.
Console video game version
Released in Japan as Street Fighter: Real Battle on Film (ストリートファイター リアルバトルオンフィルム), the home video game version was developed and published by Capcom in Japan and released in North America and Europe by Acclaim for the PlayStation, and Sega Saturn in 1995.
While it shares its title with the arcade version, the home version is not a port but a similar game developed on the same premise.
- Both versions of the game uses the same graphics style like the early Mortal Kombat games.
- The game was a launch title for the PlayStation in North America.
- This game is notable for being the first Street Fighter game to include the EX Specials, although they could be used infinitely once the bar was full and until the player used a Super Combo, a mechanic that was not included in future games.
- It is also the first Street Fighter game to include a "proper" Story Mode (which follows the plot of the film), followed by Street Fighter V.
Guile: Jean-Claude Van Damme
M. Bison: Raul Julia, Darko Tuscan
Chun-Li: Ming-Na Wen
Cammy: Kylie Minogue
Ryu: Byron Mann
Sagat: Wes Studi
Ken: Damian Chapa
Vega: Jay Tavare
Balrog: Grand L. Bush
Honda: Peter Tuiasosopo
Zangief: Andrew Bryniarksi
Sawada: Kenya Sawada
Akuma: Ernie Reyes, Sr.
Blade: Alan Noon
Executive Producers: Kenzo Tsujimoto, Takahito Yasuki, Yoshiki Okamoto, Tetsuya Iijima, Rene Lopez
- Incredible Technologies
Executive Producer: Elaine A. Ditton
Project Manager: Leif Pran Marwede
Head Programmer: Jane D. Siegrist
Art Direction: Ralph Melgosa
Art Coordinator: Jane D. Siegrist
Game Design: Leif Pran Marwede, Alan Noon
Programming: Jane D. Siegrist, Leif Pran Marwede, Richard A. Ditton
Additional Programming: Tino Kalafatis, Mike Hanson, Steve Jaskowiak
Sounds: Kyle Johnson
Australia Location Crew: Elaine A. Ditton, Richard A. Ditton, Ralph Melgosa, Leif Pran Marwede, Alan Noon
Artists: Ralph Melgosa, Alan Noon, Bob Nagel, R. Scott Morrison
Additional Art: Ed Reck, Donna Foshee, Andrew Dorizas, Jennifer Hedrick
Hardware Design: Steve Jaskowiak, Jeff Siegrist
Technical Support: Terry Little, Ann Vonckx, Scott Allie, Ed Reck
Special Thanks to: Richard A. Ditton, Yoshi Hatano, Darryl Williams, Tim Jackson, Rosslyn Abernethy, Oudom Sengbounouvong, Brian Smolik, John George
- Wikipedia article (arcade version)
- Wikipedia article (home console version)
- Street Fighter wikia article (arcade version)
- Street Fighter wikia article (home console version)