Shingen Takeda is a character from the Sengoku BASARA series. His weapon of choice is a giant axe and his element is fire.
Known as Red Minotaur in the U.S. version of the original game, Shingen is the leader of the Takeda clan, famous for its cavalry. He has a large, imposing frame and a brilliant mind as well. He wields a giant axe, and often starts large and unnecessary brawls with Yukimura Sanada, sometimes for no reason. These fights usually involve wrestling or exchanging names, while punching each other in the face. Sasuke is a frequent witness to these brawls. The strong and wise tiger of Kai has a fierce rivalry with Kenshin, and his element is fire.
Shingen is critically ill in Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes, but in Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage, he has been healed, thus being a playable character in the game. In the next game Sengoku BASARA 4, he is featured but not playable until that game's update Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi.
(from the Devil Kings strategy guide)
- Stonecutter - A giant axe that has poor power and defense.
- Dark Manta - This great axe is slightly more powerful than Stonecutter.
- Funeral Pyre - This giant axe is empowered by fire. It has high attack power and low defense. It also adds bonus fire damage to every hit.
- Razorwheel - This spinning axe has poor attack but very high defense. It has a special prime advantage, adding a bonus hit to every blow struck against a "primed" enemy.
- Immortal Halberd - This has the same properties as Funeral Pyre, but with a vastly higher attack and better defense.
- Crowd Fan - joke weapon. This massive fan is more functional than it first appears. It has the highest attack of any axe and even has a respectable defense.
- As The Wildfire - Shingen winds back and launches his flaming fist forward, doing intense damage. Enemies sent flying are set on fire. (Unlocked at Level 2)
- As The Forest - Transfers some of Shingen's health to the BASARA gauge. (Unlocked at Level 6)
- As The Mountain - Shingen slams his axe on the ground, creating a shockwave of rock that knocks enemies off their feet. (Unlocked at Level 12)
- As The Wind - Shingen bathes himself in fire and whirls around like a top, chopping apart enemies in his path. (Unlocked at Level 17)
Historical Information Edit
The character is based on a preeminent daimyo (feudal lord) with military prestige who sought for control of Japan in the late stage of Sengoku or "warring states" period in Japanese history.