Resident Evil 3, known in Japan as Biohazard RE:3 (バイオハザード RE:3 Baiohazādo Āru Ī Surī ) and referred to as Resident Evil 3 Remake or RE3 Remake, is an upcoming survival horror game developed and published by Capcom. The game is a remake of the 1999 released Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and follows Jill Valentine as she attempts to escape a zombie apocalypse while hunted by an intelligent bioweapon known as Nemesis. It is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam) on April 3, 2020. It will be released along with an online multiplayer mode Resident Evil: Resistance.
As with Resident Evil 7: Biohazard and the Resident Evil 2 remake, Resident Evil 3 will be using the RE Engine, and it will also be released in Japan in two versions relating to local censorship. These are the standard version, the most censored, and the "Z Version", the least.
Whereas the original game uses tank controls and fixed camera angles, the remake features third-person shooter gameplay similar to the 2019 Resident Evil 2 remake. It also includes an online multiplayer mode, Resident Evil: Resistance, which pits a team of four players against a "mastermind" who can create traps, enemies, and other hazards. The game features more "rearranged" elements then the Resident Evil 2 remake, and it won't have multiple endings like the original game.
Resident Evil: Resistance will also replace the Mercenaries: Operation Mad Jackal mode from the original game.
The story is set in September 1998, before the events of Resident Evil 2. Players control former S.T.A.R.S officer Jill Valentine as she attempts to escape Raccoon City during a zombie apocalypse caused by an outbreak of the T-Virus. Jill is hunted by an intelligent bioweapon known as Nemesis, who attempts to kill her and all remaining S.T.A.R.S members.
Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi mentioned the possibility of a Resident Evil 3 remake after the release of the Resident Evil 2 remake in January 2019. Development was assisted by M-Two, founded by former PlatinumGames CEO Tatsuya Minami, and was created using the RE Engine, which was also used in Resident Evil 7 and the Resident Evil 2 remake. The multiplayer mode, Resident Evil: Resistance, was developed externally by NeoBards Entertainment, and was previously announced as a separate game, Project Resistance.
Producers Masachika Kawata and Peter Fabiano said the team tried to honor the more action-oriented approach of the original game. Accordingly, they altered character designs, with Jill wearing more practical apparel and Carlos Oliveira redesigned as "more rough around the edges". Nemesis, one of the central aspects of the game, was also redesigned and given new ways to track down the player compared to the Tyrant from the Resident Evil 2 remake.
Resident Evil 3 was announced during Sony's PlayStation presentation show "State of Play" in December 2019, and is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows on April 3, 2020.
- ↑ http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2019/12/10/resident-evil-3-sees-daylight-on-april-3rd-2020
- ↑ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-3-remake-official-release-date-on-co/1100-6472063/
- ↑ https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-3-remake-features-more-rearranged-elements-than-resi-2/
- ↑ https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-3-remake-story-clues/
- ↑ https://www.destructoid.com/capcom-says-a-resident-evil-3-remake-is-possible-i-say-bring-it-on--541068.phtml
- ↑ https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/former-platinum-ceo-forms-resident-evil-3-studio/
- ↑ https://www.engadget.com/2019/12/10/resident-evil-3-remake-release-date/
- ↑ https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/350590/Capcom_Unveils_Project_Resistance_a_New_Experience_Set_in_the_Resident_Evil_Universe.php
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/12/10/the-resident-evil-3-remake-is-real-and-it-comes-with-project-resistance
- ↑ https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/10/resident-evil-3-remake-confirmed-with-release-date
- ↑ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-3-remake-pre-order-guide-collectors-/1100-6472065/