Oboro Bishamon is a secret character from the Darkstalkers series of fighting games.
It is revealed in his ending that he is, in fact, the ghost of the samurai once possessed by Hannya who has returned to prevent the evil armor from causing yet more harm.
Oboro Bishamon can be accessed from the Short Cut mode as a Select button variant playable character (as can all of the above with the exception of Shadow and Marionette) or fought in the Arcade Mode under set conditions. His sprite is essentially the same as Bishamon, although the color is different and some moves have been changed.
- He is known as "Shin Bishamon" in Japan, which was originally his name in Darkstalkers 3, but it was changed to "Oboro" in Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2.
- Oboro Bishamon's other name is "Priest Bishamon", which is his name known in some parts of the European region.
- He is a special optional boss with his own boss color which player can not use if by hack.
- Some of his sprites are different from or similar to the regular Bishamon.
- Oboro Bishamon's boss color does not show on the Vs and the Winning portrait (it only show up regular color-Low Punch) but only when fighting.