Mega Man X Legacy Collection, known as Rockman X Anniversary Collection (ロックマンＸ アニバーサリー コレクション) in Japan, is the name of two collections from the Mega Man X series. It was released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam) on July 26, 2018.
List of gamesEdit
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1Edit
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2Edit
The collection have an option to apply filters that can either improve quality of pixel graphics or emulate CRT monitor lines for X1 through X6, while the 3D games X7 and X8 instead simply have improved 3D graphics.
It also comes with an extensive Museum Mode which encompasses Gallery, Music Player, Goods Catalog of Mega Man X merchandise, and a Theater where players can watch past series trailers and even The day of Sigma anime which was also available in the PlayStation Portable game Maverick Hunter X.
The "X Challenge" mode, which pits the player against two Maverick bosses at once, and these Mavericks may even be combined from different games altogether. A couple of examples given are X1's Chill Penguin teaming up with X4's Frost Walrus, or X3's Neon Tiger with X4's Slash Beast. The player is also able to bring up to three extra weapon types when attempting these "X Challenge" stages.
- The physical copies of Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 soundtrack included a booklet that provides a summary of Mega Man X7 and X8, followed by a text that says "The story of X’s fight is not yet over.", possibly hinting to a new Mega Man X game.
- ↑ http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2018/04/10/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-and-2-launch-july-24th
- ↑ http://www.4gamer.net/games/415/G041587/20180410081/
- ↑ https://www.famitsu.com/news/201804/10155332.html
- ↑ https://www.destructoid.com/capcom-could-be-hinting-at-a-possible-mega-man-x9-513650.phtml
- ↑ http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/07/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-album.html