Mega Man (known as Rockman in Japan) is a series of mainly action platform games. The meta franchise incorporates several sub-series within it. These individual series may change in character roster and tone, but they retain similar elements of the entire Mega Man universe. Not including other forms of media, there are over 50 entries, easily making it Capcom's largest franchise.
Main timeline seriesEdit
Alternate timeline seriesEdit
- Mega Man (TV series) - (1994 - 1995)
- MegaMan NT Warrior - (Anime - 2002 - 2006)
- MegaMan Star Force - (Anime - 2006 - 2008)
In the fictional universe of Mega Man, the Mega Man Classic series is considered to be the origin of the story, with Mega Man being the first installment, and continuing with the direct sequels Mega Man 2-10 and the Mega Man and Bass games. There are also spin-off titles that do not always relate to the series' storyline. Although the Classic series has yet to reach an ending, the storyline shifts to the Mega Man X series, followed by Mega Man Zero and finally Mega Man ZX. Although there are clues that the Mega Man Legends series takes place sometime after the ZX series, as yet there has been no official confirmation as to when that is.
The Mega Man Battle Network games exist in an alternate universe and have their own separate timeline. Mega Man Star Force follows the Battle Network series.
External Links Edit
- Wikipedia article - covers the whole franchise.
- Mega Man Knowledge Base - The Mega Man wikia.
- The Mega Man Network - A well-known Mega Man fan site.
- The Mega Man Home Page - Another well-known fan site.
- Protodude's Rockman Corner - A blog.
- The Reploid Research Lavatory - Another blog full of rare art, currently unactive.
- Carddass Baka Ichidai - Japanese site with scans of all the "Carddass" cards.
- Rockman Unity - Japanese blog.
|Mega Man Franchise|