Ganados are humans who have become infested by the mind-controlling Las Plagas parasites. Ganados appear ordinary, with their only distinguishable feature being that their irises are red, and shine like a cat's.
Humans infected with the Las Plagas parasites can be controlled, through sound waves, by the person in control of the Queen Egg; in this case, Lord Saddler. In one of Ada's reports, she suggests that it is possible that the Queen issues commands through high pitched sound waves, the same principle found in dog whistles.
There are three main types of Ganados found in the game (by order of appearance):
- Chainsaw Ganado - a terrifying enemy wearing a burlap bag on his head and wielding a chainsaw, featuring a one-hit-kill attack. He must be avoided at all costs.
- Bella Sisters - two women wielding red chainsaws. They wear bloody bandages completely covering their heads. They also feature one-hit-kill attacks and are extremely dangerous.
Soldiers (Militia) Edit
- J.J. - a tough enemy wielding a gatling gun.
- The name comes from the spanish term for herd.
- An official Capcom walkthrough book states that the weapons merchant is also a Ganado. Evidence for this is that his eyes also glow red at night like other Ganados.
- The Chainsaw women are called Bella Sisters. Bella in spanish means "beautiful". It is heavily implied that before the village was contaminated with Las Plagas, they were beautiful women, but then after the virus they could have been horribly disfigured.