Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio: Vento Aureo (ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 黄金の旋風 JoJo no Kimyō no Bōken Ōgon no Kaze, lit. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) is a 3D beat 'em up style game based off the popular manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by author Hirohiko Araki. The game's story takes place during the 5th story arc of the original JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series. It is also the last game Capcom developed with the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure license.
Capcom also created a graphic engine just for this game called "Artistoon" in order to create a graphical style similar to Araki's art style in the comicbook.
Most of Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio: Vento Aureo's gameplay takes place in the form of hand-to-hand combat. The Stands, aid the characters in battle by giving them combat abilities, as well as special attacks. Puzzles are also a part of the game requiring the use of Stands in order to solve them.
Game Modes Edit
- Super Story Mode (SS Mode): The player follow the travels of Giorno and co. through Italy fighting menbers of La Squadra di Esecuzione.There are cutscenes between stages and during some fights.
- Another Story: A secret mode that is unlocked when the player complete Super Story Mode. In this mode players replay some of the fights of the SS Mode, but now they can choose between four characters, which weren't originally on that stage. To unlock the fights the player must beat the same fight on Super Story with at least 150/200 Giogio points.
- Gallery: A Mode that has Jojo goodies based on how many Jojo points the player have. This mode is not initially available and requires players to finish at least one SS Mode fight to unlock it. The Gallery contains extras such as Sountracks, Stage Viewer, Story Drama, Concept Arts, Images and Characters Models (for playable, unplayable and unused characters). The Gallery Mode is set inside the Stand Mr.President.
- Options: Sound and control options.
Secret Factors Edit
A main notable feature in GioGio is the activation of "Secret Factors", various interaction activated elements scattered throughout each scenario that the player progresses to as the game goes on. As the game itself is adapted nearly entirely from the manga, playing out the scenario akin to official canon will activate these factors, giving power-ups to health, stand endurance, and strength to the character, giving a high ranking upon winning the scenario, and is a unique feature that also celebrates its source material and rewards fans and readers of the series.
Giorno Giovanna wants to become a gangster in order to fulfill his dream: becoming a "Gangstar". After killing Leakey-Eye Luka, Giorno is encountered by Bruno Buccellati, who wants to make him pay for killing Luka. However Giorno exceeds Bruno's expectations and defeats him. After this Bruno offers him a chance to join his mafia group, Passione, by completing a test imposed by Polpo.
After becoming a member of the group Giorno meets his comrades, Narancia Ghirga, Guido Mista, Leone Abbachio and Pannaccota Fugo, who despise him at first but eventually learn to appreciate him as the story develops. Giorno and his comrades are assigned a mission by the boss of their group himself: protect his daughter, Trish Una, and deliver her to him before an enemy group can abduct her.
|Giorno Giovanna||Gold Expirience||He is the son of DIO and wants to join the mafia to bring order. His stand is capable of changing or converting inorganic objects into living organisms. A pen can be turned into a snake, a bullet into a beetle and so on.|
|Bruno Buccelati||Sticky Fingers||A capo from passione and the leader of his own sub-gang. His standprimary ability is to make anything it touches able to be opened with a zipper. For example, Sticky Fingers can hit a wall and open it up and walk through it then zip it up again. This also allows it to separate enemies into multiple pieces and even perform a cutting attack by detaching something and then canceling the zipper.|
|Guido Mista||Sex Pistols||Another menber of Passione who suffers from Tetraphobia. His stand is composed of six bullet like "people" living inside a revolver, numbered from 1 to 7, skipping the number 4. They can redirect bullets, reload mista gun, communicate with other people, observe and explain the situation (warn about potential danger or tell the player about enemy weak point) and it can serve as comic relief.|
|Narancia Ghirga||Aerosmith||A teenage boy menber of Passione, his stand has the shape of a toy airplane with a very small pilot inside that is equipped with small machine guns and missiles to attack enemies. Narancia androginyus apparence could be intentional, as one of Aerosmith's singles is titled Dude (looks like a lady).|
|Pannacotta Fugo||Purple Haze||The hot-head of the group. His stand contains a particularly deadly, flesh-eating virus in each of the three bulbs on each of its hands. When a bulb breaks, the virus is released and surrounds Purple Haze.|
|Leone Abbacchio||Moody Blues||He is stern and distrusting, believing that trust must be earned. His stand can repeat the past of anything or any person at a particular location. In this game he can use Moody Blues to record his moves, such as kicks and punches, and "play" them to make combos on the enemy.|
|Trish Una||Spice Girl||The daughter of the boss of Passione, her stand is able to soften any material; even the hardest of diamonds.|
|Jean Pierre Polnareff||Silver Chariot||A previus core ally from part 3, "Stardust Crusaders". He joins the gang during the final battle.|
Western release Edit
The game was set to be released worldwide on October 2002 and was presented at Expo Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2002, titled simply as Giogio's Bizarre Adventure. The release was eventually cancelled due to unknown reasons, the surmised culprit being copyright issues. The game would eventually get a fan translation in 2018, done by Joey Jojo's Wacky Trip and the JoJo's Colored Adventure Team.
It would not be until JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (developed by CyberConnect2) that another JoJo game would see an international release, the first being Heritage for the Future, also a Capcom product.
- Some voice actors from this game later returned to provide their voices to other characters in later JoJo related media.
- Romi Park and Miura Hiroaki, who voiced Giorno Giovanna and Panacotta Fugo respectively, later voiced Koichi Hirose and Joshu Higashikata respectively in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle.
- Kentaro Ito, who voiced Guido Mista, voiced N'doul in the Stradust Crusaders anime.
- Takahiro Sakurai, who voiced Bruno Buccellati, voices Rohan Kishibe in the Diamond is Unbreakable anime.