Katsuie Shibata is a character from the Sengoku BASARA series of games set in feudal Japan. He made his first appearance (in current form) in Sengoku BASARA 4. Katsuie's weapon of choice is a double-bladed naginata and his element is wind.
Katsuie Shibata is a vanguard in the Oda army clad in green armor. His master is Nobunaga. Under his helmet is jet black hair in a bowl-shaped haircut.
- Geometry of Emptiness - (空虚の幾何 kuukyo no kika) - Katsuie spins his naginata above his head. If used in the air, Katsuie's descent will be slowed down.
- Pure Frustration - (挫折の純正 zasetsu no junsei) - Katsuie perfoms a simple upward swing. If fully charged, Katsuie follows it with a jumping spinning attack.
- Truncation of Fear - (畏怖の切頭 ifu no secchou) - Katsuie spins his naginata vertically while charging into enemies, ending with a horizontal slash to the left. If fully charged, he performs another horizontal slash at the end.
- Relativity of Powerlessness - (無力の相対 muryoko no soutai) - Katsuie slashes a square around him, creating a small pillar of light. If fully charged, Katsuie breaks the pillar of light instead of letting it fade away.
- Degeneracy of Sorrow - (悲嘆の縮重 hitan no shukujuu) - Katsuie shoots a circular windblade. Each charge adds 1 windblade in addition to the original. If fully charged, Katsuie shoots three windblades, then follows it with another set.
This section is currently incomplete.
You can help Capcom Database by expanding it.
- Apparently, Ranmaru Mori was fond of him, since Ranmaru appears in Katsuie's anime flashback, embracing him.
- One of his unlockable costumes in Sengoku BASARA 4 has him donning Nagamasa's armor.
- In Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes, he was an NPC general that could be recruited as an ally by beating "Incident at Honno-ji" as Oichi in Story Mode. However, this "Katsuie Shibata" is a different version of him.