Story[edit | edit source]
Nicknamed the "Florida Wild Horse", Gunloc grew as a street fighter in the slums. He trained under Mike Haggar along with his friend, rival and fellow wrestler Biff Slamkovich, and they became famous CWA wrestlers. Gunloc once tried to put the moves on Mike's daughter Jessica, but after she ignored him, Cody got into a fight with him for it. He later did it again, and Haggar was not amused by this, which caused them to get into a fight.
In contrast to Biff's disposition, Gunloc is quick to anger. This berserker style of wrestling has cost him a couple of victories in the ring.
Gunloc has yet to make an appearance in the mainline Street Fighter games, but a character relations chart in Street Fighter V: A Visionary Book lists him as part of the CWA alongside Biff.
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
In Blade's ending in the Street Fighter: The Movie arcade game, he is revealed to actually be Gunloc acting as a deep cover agent in Shadaloo. After defeating Shadaloo, Gunloc is stated to have returned to his wrestling career.
Moves[edit | edit source]
- Sonic Fist (ソニックフィスト) - A series of lightning quick punches.
- Sunset Splash (サンセットスプラッシュ) - A jump kick that spawns a wave of energy.
- Fisherman's Suplex (フィッシャーマンズスープレックス) - With this move, Gunloc spins them somewhere in the ring and then he ends it with a pile-driver.
- Power Slam (パワースラム)
- Face Buster (フェイスバスター)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hyper Cannons were a CWA tag team comprised of Biff Slamkovich and Gunloc. The team is mentioned in Hugo's ending in Street Fighter III 2nd Impact when paired with Ryu, Necro or Gill.
- The English translation of his Slam Master bio hints that Gunloc is "rumoured to be related to a famous street fighter", said street fighter is believed to be Guile due to their similar techniques.
- Blade was given a profile and new artwork on the official Street Fighter V website in 2016. With Blade's incorporation into the main Street Fighter canon due to his profile, his official stats were listed, with his height, weight, and likes being identical to Gunloc's, but whether or not the two are explicitly one and the same in canon or if the stats were just a nod to the original backstory of the character is unknown.