Ghosts 'n Goblins, known as Makaimura (魔界村, lit. "Demon World Village") in Japan, is a dark fantasy-themed series of Run and gun platformer games created by Tokuro Fujiwara and developed by Capcom. The series focus on the brave knight Arthur, who must overcome obstacles in several deadly levels set in the Ghoul Realm of Makai and fight through demonic enemies and villians, such as the Red Arremer and Astaroth respectively, in order to save princess Guinevere. There are also spinoff games which feature Arthur and/or other protagonists, such as Firebrand or Maximo.
The series as a whole has sold over 4.4 million units and stands as the 8th best-selling Capcom game franchise. It has gained a reputation among players for the high level of difficulty in nearly all of its games.
List of games Edit
- Ghosts 'n Goblins - (1985)
- Ghouls 'n Ghosts - (1988)
- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - (1991)
- Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins - (2006)
- Gargoyle's Quest - (1990)
- Gargoyle's Quest II - (1992)
- Demon's Crest - (1994)
- Arthur to Astaroth no Nazomakaimura - (1996 - Japan only) - a Ghosts 'n Goblins-themed gadget puzzle game.
- Makaimura for WonderSwan - (1999 - Japan only)
- Maximo: Ghosts to Glory - (2001)
- Maximo vs. Army of Zin - (2003)
- Geki Makaimura - (2005 - Japan only) - A Pachinko game.
- Ghosts 'n Goblins: Gold Knights - (2009) - a mobile phone game. Introduced Lancelot as an optional character. Lancelot has a higher rate of fire than Arthur at the cost of less power and durability.
- Ghosts 'n Goblins: Gold Knights II - (2010) - another mobile phone game. Introduced Perceval as an optional character. Perceval is a close range fighter with higher attack power and durability than Arthur.
- Puzzle Makaimura - (2010)
- Makaimura Online - (canceled)
Box Art and Merchandise Edit
- ↑ https://archive.is/20120904132042/http://www.next-gen.biz/news/capcom-lifetime-sales-revealed
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/top-100-nes-games/54.html
- ↑ http://www.insidesocialgames.com/2009/11/17/ghosts-n%E2%80%99-goblins-can%E2%80%99t-beat-it-spend-some-money-on-virtual-armor/
- ↑ http://ps2.ign.com/articles/608/608086p1.html
- ↑ http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-ten-gt-countdown/38283