Franziska von Karma is a character from the Ace Attorney series of visual novel legal thriller adventure games. She is the daughter of veteran prosecutor Manfred von Karma and the rival prosecutor of Phoenix Wright in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All, as well as the acting prosecutor for the trial of Iris in the third Ace Attorney game.
She is known to carry a whip with her at all times, which she often uses on almost everybody she meets. Although she has a formal tone, to the point of addressing everyone by their full names, von Karma very often uses the word "fool" (e.g. "A foolish fool is only foolish enough to foolishly suggest such a foolishly foolish theory").
When Franziska von Karma was two years old, her father took in an orphaned Miles Edgeworth, with whom she shared a sibling bond. She started her prosecuting career in Germany at the age of 13, which would be around the same year in which Edgeworth started his career. Compounded with her perfect record up to her arrival in America, this earned her a reputation as the Prodigy. Like her father and Edgeworth, she would go to great lengths to get a guilty verdict.
Other appearances Edit
- Franziska von Karma appeared as a card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS and in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's Heroes and Heralds Mode.
- Franziska's surname is a near-transliteration of her Japanese family name Karuma, an obvious pun on the word Karma. Her name in the Japanese version of the games is Mei Karuma (狩魔 冥).
- Franziska is the same age as Maya Fey.
- Franziska von Karma and Phoenix Wright were planned to be playable characters in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom but problems with the latter's game mechanics prevented them both from getting in.
- ↑ NGamer, October 2009, page 35, "Fighting Talk with Ryota Niitsuma, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's Producer"
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/17/these-characters-didnt-make-the-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-cut/