A demonic beast who occupied the Gale Shrine. It had the body and skeleton of a centaur-like creature, having the body of a bull and two arms for wielding its massive blades. Its helmet is a replicated image of Orochi's fire head.
Crimson Helm was created when it rose from a pool of True Orochi's blood. It moved to Taka Pass and waged war against the Satomi House for one hundred years. However, the head priest Yatsu became ill, and Crimson Helm ate him at this time of weakness. However, Yatsu's spirit, out of concern for his village and his wife, stayed in this world as guardian of the Gale Shrine. Crimson Helm's presence in the shrine created a dark force that banishes the Divine Wind from Kusa Village, and with it, the village's sole protection against evil. Amaterasu and Susano eventually found the demon and slew it, thereby undoing its damage.
- The ghost of Crimson Helm is encountered in the Sunken Ship, after unsealing the curse on the door to the vessel's treasure hold.
- Crimson Helm's head is nearly identical to the Fire Head of Orochi.
- The Ark of Yamato has Crimson Helm's symbol on it, above the door leading to his arena. However, there is the fact that he was created from Orochi's blood. The Moon Tribe made the ark hundreds of years ago, far before Crimson Helm came to be. How they knew that Crimson Helm was in the ark is unexplained, but they probably knew from seeing into the future. Since True Orochi technically carried Crimson Helm, they added the demon's symbol to the ark. It is also possible that the two demons were created seperately and then merged.
- Crimson Helm, along with Lechku, Nechku, and Yami, is one of the few bosses incapable of speech - he simply growls and roars.
- The methods and strategies used to fight Crimson Helm are nearly identical to the Red and Blue Ogres as well as the Bull Charger. All of them use the same attacks and emit the same roars. However, Crimson Helm, as a boss, is more powerful.
- In the Ōkami Official Complete Works artbook, an artwork of Crimson Helm depicts his armor being shown in a museum, with a Red Imp and a Crow Tengu admiring the pieces.