Brad Vickers is a character from the Resident Evil series of survival horror games.
Brad is in charge of rear security, along with Jill Valentine, and serves as the team's helicopter pilot. He is known to get nervous and run away at the first sign of danger, hence his nickname "Chickenheart". His hometown is Delucia.
In the first Resident Evil, he abandons his team-mates in the middle of Arklay Forest after witnessing the death of Joseph Frost. Afterwards, he attempts to re-establish contact with his S.T.A.R.S. team-mates, while flying around the Arklay Mountains. He aids the player during the final battle by providing the rocket launcher needed to destroy the Tyrant, and then rescues the survivors.
In Resident Evil 2, he appears as a zombie that can be found wandering outside the R.P.D. precinct. He has much more stamina than a normal zombie, but defeating him gives the player the Special Key, which can be used to open the wardrobe locker in the precinct building to change Leon and Claire's costumes.
The events that led to his transformation into a zombie are covered in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, in which he is one of the S.T.A.R.S. members targeted by the Nemesis, Umbrella's new Bio-Organic Weapon. He warns Jill Valentine of the creature's presence in the city before being killed by Nemesis at the front gates of the police precinct. The Nintendo 64 version of Resident Evil 2 features an exclusive document in which Brad describes an encounter with the Nemesis.
Raccoon City Trilogy Remake Differences
The remake versions of last two classic Raccoon City Trilogy changes Brad’s fate and appearances:
- His face only appears in the second remake’s R.P.D. poster, revealing that he was once the police force’s last poster boy after the first game.
- Have more and changed roles and fates in the third remake:
- He is no longer a coward anymore, and willingly to sacrifice himself to ensure Jill’s survival.
- Never encountered Nemesis, but he knew his presence, and he still infected by a minor zombie.
- Zombie form’s appearance immediately moved from original second game to mesh well with remade third game. He is responsible for unwittingly infecting Marvin Branagh, prior to being executed by Carlos Oliveira at mercy kill.