Alex Jimenez is a former consultant, designer and producer for Capcom USA employed from 1991 to 1996.
Alex Jimenez is notable for his claim of creating the concept of the Darkstalkers characters; according to him the initial idea was for The Night Warriors to be a Universal Monsters game, as Jimenez was a big fan of the monsters, but Universal refused to license the characters out, prompting Jimenez to create original characters instead; Jimenez claims he did it in about an hour.
He also helped supervise the production of games based on American series such as Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, The Punisher, Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (and its sequel), Alien vs. Predator, and X-Men: Children of the Atom. Colleagues include David Winstead, Phillip Reed and Eric Luther.
Other companies Jimenez worked for following Capcom include 3DO and Dynamix. He is currently the Director of Design at Seed Studio.
Production History Edit
- Warriors of Fate (Arcade Version) (1992) -- Special Thanks (as Alex J.) [NOTE: Credited in overseas versions only]
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (1993) -- Many Thanks (as Alex)
- The Punisher (Arcade Version) (1993) -- Special Thanks (as Alex)
- Saturday Night Slam Masters (Arcade Version) (1993) -- USA Support (Special Thanks) (as Alex J.)
- Super Street Fighter II (Arcade Version) (1993) -- Special Thanks (as Raven Jimenez)
- Muscle Bomber Duo (1993) -- USA Support (Special Thanks) (as Alex J.)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (1994) -- Dungeon Master
- Alien vs. Predator (Arcade Version) (1994) -- Capcom USA Support
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (1994/1996) [NOTE: Concept and design; Uncredited]
- Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters II (1994) -- Team USA Support (Special Thanks) (as Alex J.)
- X-Men: Children of the Atom (1994/1995/1997/1998) -- Capcom USA (Special Thanks) (as Mr. Alex Jimenez)
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995/1996) -- Capcom USA (Special Thanks)
- Darkstalkers: The Animated Series (1995) -- Capcom Consultant
- Marvel Super Heroes (1995/1997) -- USA Staff (Special Thanks)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (1996) -- Original Script